About the Company
Aminol, and subsidiary brands of lubricants, are produced in the in Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park. The factory, built on two hectares of land, is equipped with state-of-the-art technology. The investment in our factory is valued upwards of 10 million US dollars. The production capacity at 60% operation stands at 30,000 metric tonnes. We produce all sorts of lubricants, including but not limited to; engine, industrial, hydraulic, compressor, turbine, transmission and ship oils.
Considering that the motor and vehicular industry is modernizing in Azerbaijan and Post-Soviet Countries, there is a growing need for high-quality lubricants. Highest quality base oils from Turkmenistan and Russia, combined with additives purchased from the USA, and Western European countries, allow us to provide just that. Our technology and equipment is sourced from Germany and Italy. It ensures that the what we produce meets our standards.
Our dedication to quality ensures; reliable operation of engines; greasing surfaces; oil resistance; wear resistance; optimal pressure protection; and longevity. We only use the best materials in our lubricants. We procure additives from Lubrizol, Afton Chemical, İnfineum, BASF, and LLK Naftan, to ensure that you can achieve the results you want.
Quality Control & Assurance
Aminol is a brand dedicated to producing lubricant oil on par or exceeding international standards. We aim to couple excellent product with extraordinary customer service and support to ensure the adoption of our products. Principles of sustainable development, professionalism, integrity and environmental consciousness weigh significantly on management strategy and day-to-day operational decisions. Based on these goals and governing principles we plan to grow our company.
All employees and management are instructed to follow the below governing principles to ensure quality and a responsible approach in all aspects of our business.
Principles that govern our quality policy:
1. Technical experience is key in providing an exceptional product. Extraordinary support and service is a vital factor in earning and maintaining customers. All management level employees must be educated and experienced in their field. Other employees, hired based on their productivity, must have a proven track record.
2. Achieving and exceeding international standards is key to our success and acts as a tangible method of measuring the extent to which we can complete our business mission. International standardization achievements such as ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, and 17025, are used for not only benchmarking, but as resources in the day-to-day training and instruction of all employees.
3. ENI, Lubrizol, GM, and ADCO certifications and specifications for products must be used as a bar. Apart from management’s intentions to surpass these specifications, all employees must know and understand the results of these tests and applications. Experienced and educated managing personnel are responsible of explaining these outcomes to employees and ensuring that procedures to maintain and improve these specifications are completed on a daily basis.
5. We owe it to the customer to process products that meet their technical and safety requirements. In doing so, we must uphold principles of parsimony and efficiency.
6. Our staff must be familiarized with any changes to these governing principles. Those who apply these principles on a day to day basis must be rewarded.
7. Property rights, whether intellectual or physical, of our people and our investors are protected.